3 cups fat-free milk
3 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2 cups Quaker® Oats (Quick or Old Fashioned, uncooked)
1 cup mashed ripe bananas
2 tablespoons coarsely chopped toasted pecans
Plain or vanilla non-fat yogurt (optional)
Banana slices (optional)
Pecan halves (optional)
1. In medium saucepan, bring milk, sugar, salt and spices to gentle boil (watch carefully); stir in oats. Return to boil; reduce heat to medium.
2. Cook 1 minute for quick oats, 5 minutes for old fashioned oats, or until most of liquid is absorbed, stirring occasionally.
3. Remove oatmeal from heat. Stir in mashed bananas and pecans.
4. Spoon oatmeal into six cereal bowls.
5. Top with yogurt, sliced bananas and pecan halves, if desired.