1 cup shortening
2 cups white sugar
6 very ripe bananas, mashed
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour – We use http://amzn.to/2zM6Ssd
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking soda – We use http://amzn.to/2hEzfUy
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon – We use http://amzn.to/2yUZ1Hx
1 teaspoon ground cloves
1 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
1 cup chopped walnuts – We use http://amzn.to/2hHvaPF
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray two 9×5 inch loaf pans with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Cream the shortening and sugar until light. Beat in the eggs one at a time.
3. Sift together the flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg. Add to the shortening mixture and mix to combine.
4. Thoroughly mash the bananas. Stir bananas into the batter then stir in the walnuts. Pour the batter into the prepared pans.
5. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until a wooden skewer inserted near the center comes out clean. Check with a wooden skewer every 15 minutes after 45 minutes of baking. It can take up to 65 to 70 minutes to cook.