1/2 cup self-rising flour
1 cup white sugar
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup chopped dates
1 cup chopped pecans
4 eggs, beaten
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
5 oranges – peeled, sectioned, and cut into bite-size pieces
5 bananas, cut into bite-size pieces
1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, with juice
1/4 cup white sugar
1 pint whipped cream
1 cup flaked coconut
1 (4 ounce) jar maraschino cherries
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease two 9 x13 inch cake pans.
2. In a medium bowl combine flour, sugar, baking soda, dates, pecans, eggs, vanilla extract and salt. Mix well and spread evenly between prepared pans.
3. Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes. Crumble into small pieces and cool.
4. In a large bowl combine oranges, bananas, pineapple and sugar.
5. On a large serving platter spread 1/2 of crumb mixture. Spoon fruit mixture on top. Sprinkle remaining crumb mixture over fruit. Spread whipped cream over crumbs, sprinkle with coconut and top with cherries. Chill before serving.