1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup white sugar
2 very ripe bananas, mashed
1 cup self-rising flour – We use http://amzn.to/2j4xzAv
1/4 cup flax seed meal – We use http://amzn.to/2A82irg
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional) – We use http://amzn.to/2hHvaPF
1. Preheat an oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease a 9×5-inch loaf pan, or line a muffin pan with cupcake liners.
2. In a mixing bowl, beat the butter and sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
3. Beat in the eggs one at a time, followed by the bananas.
4. Mix in the self-rising flour and flax seed meal until just incorporated; fold in the walnuts.
5. Pour batter into the prepared pan.
6. Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 20 minutes for muffins, or 1 hour for a loaf. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes before removing to cool completely on a wire rack.