1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 cup oats
1 cup ground flax seeds
2 very ripe bananas, mashed
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup white sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Sift all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, and cocoa powder together in a large bowl. Stir in oats and ground flax seeds.
3. Beat bananas, eggs, vegetable oil, and vanilla extract together in a large bowl with an electric mixer until well-blended. Beat in sugar. Mix in flour mixture until dough is sticky.
4. Roll a teaspoonful of dough into a ball with your hands and place on a nonstick baking sheet. Repeat with remaining dough.
5. Bake in the preheated oven until edges look dry but cookies are still soft, about 8 minutes. Cool on the baking sheets until set and easily handled, about 10 minutes.